Responding to demand from members, UK industry association and boat show organisers, British Marine has confirmed that it will be organising an Expo in March of next year. This will provide an important B2B forum for companies in the leisure and small commercial sectors.
Expo 2019 will be hosted in the Solent area, with the concept that future annual editions will move, road show style, around other regions of the UK. It will be sponsored by the British Marine Trades Association, an enthusiastic advocate of the format.
The programme is still in the planning stage, but expected to include:
- Supply Chain Conference – one day of informative and focused presentations
- Meet The Buyer – with UK and international buyers
- Marine Trade Showcase – 30 booths within Expo floor for companies to display their products and services
- British Marine Trades Awards Dinner – the popular annual networking event
- Meeting and training opportunities for associations
Paul Martin, the chair of the British Marine Trades Association, says: “We are passionate about showcasing and connecting all sectors of the marine industry. Our committee is strongly backing British Marine’s efforts to make the Expo a brilliant new addition to the calendar. We are convinced it will offer many opportunities for British Marine associations and companies and urge everyone to get involved.”
Further details regarding the date, venue, booking details and final programme will be announced shortly.
Story by IBI