CALL FOR PROJECTS
La Ciotat Shipyards in search of partners to create the number one platform globally for the maintenance of mega yachts.
Already among the world leaders in the sector for refit and repair of yachts and super yachts, La Ciotat Shipyards is launching a call for projects to private operators with the goal of adding a 4000 tonne capacity shiplift serving a platform dedicated to yachts over 80m. A great opportunity for private operators wishing to invest in this market since they will be involved in the development of the technical specifications of this platform, thus creating a “tailor-made” work tool.
La Ciotat Shipyards, run by the local public owned company SEMIDEP-Ciotat (La Ciotat Shipyards), is announcing an investment of approximately 100 million euros in the coming years in order to become the point of reference worldwide for refit and maintenance of Megayachts.
In this context, La Ciotat Shipyards is launching a call for projects to private operators, offering them the opportunity to co-invest in the creation of a 40,00
0 sqm platform equipped with a 4000 tonne shiplift, dedicated to the servicing, maintenance, or refit of Megayachts.
DETAILS OF THE CALL FOR PROJECTS OF LA CIOTAT SHIPYARDS
- Number of potential candidates awarded: 1-3 operators
- Minimum amount of the contribution: 8 million euros for one lot
- Technical specifications of the platform and the 4000 tonne capacity shiplift: The selected partners will be involved in the design and implementation of the project, in order to create a tool that meets the needs of operators, within a “tailor-made” approach.
- Duration of occupancy rights on the platform: up to 35 years
- Size, shape and characteristics of the lots concerned: flexible, to deepen in the negotiations, based on the proposals submitted
- Estimated starting date of work: end of 2019
- Estimated opening date of the platform: end of 2021
- Closing date of the Call for projects: February 2, 2018
The public notice of the La Ciotat Shipyards call for projects is available on https://www.laciotat-shipyards.com/
“In the creation of this ambitious project, we insist on the notion of partnership. Indeed, it is essential for us to work with operators who wish to invest sustainably in this market, and that share our ambition to become the world’s leaders for refit and maintenance of Megayachts. Given the extreme rarity of possible locations for such equipment in the western Mediterranean area, this is a unique opportunity for operators wishing to expand in this market: the minimum contribution we ask our future partners, 8 million euros, is particularly competitive with regard to the growth prospects of the sector” says Jean-Yves SAUSSOL, CEO of La Ciotat Shipyards.
In addition, La Ciotat Shipyards will also launch, later in 2018, the restructuring and commercialisation of a 12 000 sqm new area of business premises dedicated to hosting companies within the world of yachting. These companies will benefit from the influx of businessgenerated by the development of the Megayachts facilities on site. Delivery of the first sites is planned by 2019.
Once these projects will be completed, at the beginning of 2022, La Ciotat Shipyards will become an unparalleled platform globally for the refit and repair of Megayachts.
Close to the «golden triangle» of Yachting (near Antibes and Monaco) and set in an exceptional natural environment, La Ciotat Shipyards has everything to become the « unbeatable stopover» for refit and repair of Megayachts in Europe.