The closing date is now fast approaching for the non-executive position of ‘Chair of the RYA’s Cruising and Government Affairs Committee’ (CGAC) – a policy-forming committee of the RYA Board, responsible for public policy.
Policy and regulation have become increasingly unpredictable. The challenge of keeping ahead of change is great, and success is dependent upon the capacity to look long and wide. Whoever fills this important voluntary role must be able to bring out the best from the talented members of the committee.
The closing date for applications is 30 September 2019.
As Chair of CGAC, you’ll have:
- A good understanding of public policy processes
- Ability to analyse information on a wide range of public policy topics, including maritime matters
- A keen interest in working with the national body for one of the UK’s leading sports
You’ll need to be able to:
- Bring out the best in a high-calibre group of expert volunteers and staff
- Encourage diversity within the committee
- Help guide decisions on when and how to intervene in public policy decisions
- Foster positive relationships with colleagues and with external partners
The CGAC plays a key role in keeping the RYA at the forefront of public policies affecting boating. The committee brings together a range of relevant talent, volunteers and RYA professionals, to debate and determine RYA policy. Its subjects range from matters of safety to sustainability, and from the international (not least the impact of Brexit) to the very local. Public policy affects boating on a daily basis.
In addition to four committee meetings a year in central London, the Chair reports on the policy work of the committee to the RYA Board. This is a great opportunity for someone keen to fill a non-executive chair position within a reputable national organisation, reporting directly to the Board. The term of office is four years and all expenses are reimbursed.
To apply for the role, please contact RYA Cruising Manager Stuart Carruthers for an application form on 023 8060 4230 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.