Gulf Craft’s Majesty 175 completes maiden sea trial
Gulf Craft says it has celebrated a significant milestone with its flagship megayacht, Majesty 175, successfully completing her maiden sea trial. The yacht, which is due for delivery later this year, was sold to a prominent UAE businessman.
The highlights of the Majesty 175’s first sea trial, according to the company, were her remarkable manoeuvrability, speed, robust hull and rigidness.
“We are excited to have taken this beauty out to sea,” says Gulf Craft’s quality control manager, Patricia Caswell. “She has performed brilliantly on her first sea trial covering multiple factors, including the engines at full speed, the pair of generators, and fin stabilisers as well as the navigation and telecommunication systems. Preliminary noise and vibration levels are outstanding, and these will continue to improve when the entire interior elements are completed.”
- Exterior and interior design: Cristiano Gatto Design Studio in Italy
- Naval architecture: Massimo Gregori of the Yankee Delta Studio
- Total time for completion: 4 years
- Beam: 31 ft 6 in (9.62 m)
- Displacement: 503.8 t @ 2.05 m draft
- Gross Tonnage (GT): 780 GT
- Fuel Capacity: 16,247 US gallons (61,503 litres)
- Generators: 2 x Kohler 175 kW, 50 Hz
- Engines: 2 x MTU 2012 HP, 1500 kW