The Royal Hong Kong Yacht Club is looking for a high caliber individual to fill the post of Boatyard Manager which will become vacant in May 2018.
This is a Head of Department position reporting directly to the General Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating, overseeing and managing the day-to-day repair and maintenance activities of what is a very busy yard. Whilst technical knowledge, leadership skills and management experience are all very important criteria, it will be equally important that the successful candidate has a positive, proactive attitude and shows good interpersonal and communication skills with members and staff alike.
– Review current practices, procedures and policies and make recommendations for any improvements that are required in the short, medium and long terms.
– Ensure the appropriate resources are in place to support and facilitate the yard activities in a safe, cost effective, professional, environmental and sustainable way.
– Lead a team of workers and sub-contractors to handle the day-to-day boat repair and maintenance works for both large and small racing and cruising yachts, and the club’s fleet of race management and support boats.
– Set up, implement and review maintenance programs for the boat fleet under repair.
– Provide technical advice and recommendations and prepare quotations on repairs and improvement works for members on their yachts.
– Proactively update members on the progress of any work being carried out in the yard.
– Prepare forecasts and budgets for the yard operation and report on monthly performance.
– Perform ad-hoc duties as assigned. We look for an experienced professional with:
– Vocational/Technical School Certificate in related disciplines. - Minimum 10 years’ experience in managing a yard or in a similar yachting environment.
– Practical and proven knowledge in repair and maintenance of modern racing and cruising yachts.
– Excellent time-management and facilitation skills with the ability to supervise work in the agreed order of priorities.
– Sound management skills with an ability to manage, motivate and lead the whole boatyard team (including workers and sub-contractors) to achieve the desired result.
– Strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
– Problem solving skills along with experience in costing, quality control, health and safety and environmental aspects.
– A natural commitment to achieving customer satisfaction from all work carried out by the yard.
– Proficiency in MS Office applications. - Good command of written and spoken English.
We offer an attractive remuneration and excellent fringe benefits package to the right candidate. Interested parties should submit a comprehensive CV together with expected salary to the Human Resources Manager, RHKYC, Kellett Island, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong or email firstname.lastname@example.org