In September, Superyacht UK (an association within British Marine) published the latest UK superyacht industry figures and they showed a fifth consecutive year of growth, with industry revenues up 1.7% to £615m.
One British Marine member, Savage Lighting, a leading designer and manufacturer of lighting for the superyacht industry, has already reacted to this growth and has recently undergone a major expansion, to keep up with the significant growth in its customer base, project scope and product development.
What does the expansion work equate to?
Savage Lighting has invested just over £500K into the expansion work, which has delivered:
• Building Expansion – In order to create the additional physical space needed to meet the increasing number and size of projects, the existing Savage Lighting building underwent substantial expansion, increasing the Upper floor space by 2160 Sq ft
• New Facilities – The building now features a new and expanded Assembly Area, a larger R&D Department, a new Show Room, a larger Sales Office and a new Meeting Room
• R&D Equipment – With ever evolving technologies, a demand for more integration with larger technical systems and a need to provide more light specific data, the expansion to its R&D Department includes the purchase of latest technology testing equipment. With a greater focus on the technical details they are able to optimise the selection, implementation and use of lighting types, products and solutions
• Machine Shop – The core of the investment lies with its in-house precision engineering facilities. The addition of new CNC (computer numerical control) machinery to its Machine Shop brings the total number of machines to 14. Now Savage lighting has all of the necessary machines and tools in place to design, engineer and manufacture all of its products in-house
• Quality Control – In addition to new machines, the Machine Shop has also been redeveloped into an open plan facility which now also features the addition of a separate, Air Conditioned Inspection facility
Matt Faulks, Senior Sales Manager at Savage Lighting commented: “We have seen an increasing demand for engineering services and bespoke lighting and a greater focus on technology, integrated controls and key lighting data, facts and figures. To support and meet these and future market demands we have invested in our facilities ensuring we can deliver every project requirement, regardless of size, scope and spec.
“We have implemented additional capacity, machinery, space and technology so that we can continue to design, manufacture and deliver high quality, cutting edge lighting solutions that meet current and future industry needs.”
For more information on Savage Lighting visit their website: http://savagelighting.co.uk/ or contact Matt Faulks at email@example.com