Seldén Mast has confirmed it will return as title sponsor for the SailJuice Winter Series. This is the third year it has done so.
Based around the UK’s biggest winter handicap events and appealing to many different classes, the series typically attracts entries from over 100 different types of boats. Fleets as diverse as the traditional Norfolk Punt and National 18 to emerging classes like the Hadron H2 single-hander take part.
“We’re delighted to return as title sponsor of the Seldén SailJuice Winter Series,” says Seldén Mast Ltd MD, Steve Norbury. “As a company making spars for so many of the classes that enter the series, we feel a responsibility to do what we can to ensure that the sailors have events to compete in, all year round. It’s our chance to give something back.
“Our sport is all about participation and opportunities for all. I think that SailJuice is really important for bringing people together and increasing the participation in the sport.”
“Without the support of companies like Seldén, who are as dedicated as we are to the health and success of the small-boat scene in the UK, we wouldn’t be able to run this series which has become such a focal point for racing over the winter months,” says founder and co-organiser of the series, Andy Rice. “With so much racing cancelled this year due to the pandemic, we’re making plans for a great turn out and expect the usual high quality of competition under the Great Lakes Handicap numbers.”
The races that will form the 2020/2021 Seldén SailJuice Winter Series are as follows:
- Fernhurst Books Draycote Dash, Draycote Water Sailing Club – 21 & 22 November 2020
- Datchet Flyer, Datchet Water Sailing Club – 5 & 6 December 2020
- Burghfield Brass Monkey, Burghfield Sailing Club– 27 December 2020
- Grafham Grand Prix, Grafham Water Sailing Club – 3 January 2021
- Bloody Mary, Queen Mary Sailing Club – 9 January 2021
- King George Gallop, King George Sailing Club – 23 January 2021
- John Merricks Tiger Trophy, Rutland Sailing Club – 6 & 7 February 2021
- Oxford Blue, Oxford Sailing Club – 13 February 2021