Seldén Soft Attachment Blocks
Renowned for its extensive dinghy deck hardware range, designed by sailors for sailors, Seldén now supplies many of the leading dinghy manufacturers with kits for a complete deck fit out.
With a strong focus on supplying reliable high-performance deck hardware, Seldén’s latest product development concentrates on its soft attachment block.
Many sailors are now opting for tie-on blocks, with a view to reducing weight and increasing breaking load. Soft attachment blocks also offer greater articulation than a conventional shackle or strap block can.
Seldén’s new soft attachment block range provides these benefits in a modern, light weight, and durable block.
Specific attention has been given in the design to create the most compact block possible, minimising play in the sheave. A ball bearing cage within the sheave spreads the loads more evenly, maximising performance and improving longevity of the block.
Seldén’s single soft attachment block range offers three sheave sizes, two sheave versions (acetal or aluminium) and a choice between stainless steel (SS) and Torlon® ball bearings. The double soft attachment block currently comes with acetal sheaves only. Sailors can also choose from a complete assembly, including a pre-spliced loop, or just the block itself ready for lashing.
The Safe Working Loads (SWL) and line sizes of the soft attachment blocks vary:
· S20 single (20mm SS ball bearings/Acetal sheave) with a SWL of 100kg and a max. line size of 6mm.
· S30 single (30mm SS ball bearings/Acetal sheave) with a SWL of 200kg and a max. line size of 8mm.
· S40 single (40mm SS ball bearings/Acetal sheave) with a SWL of 250kg and a max. line size of 10mm.
· S20+ (20mm Torlon® ball bearings/Alu sheave) with a SWL of 200kg and a max. line size of 6mm.
· S30+ (30mm Torlon® ball bearings/Alu sheave) with a SWL of 250kg and a max. line size of 8mm.
· S40+ (40mm Torlon® ball bearings/Alu sheave) with a SWL of 350kg and a max. line size of 10mm.
Ideal for upgrading and refining dinghy cascade systems, kickers and mainsheet and jib control systems, the Seldén soft attachment block is also perfect for dinghy sailors those looking to reduce weight and improve style.
Find out more
To find out more about Seldén Mast’s soft attachment blocks view the online brochure or visit http://www.seldenmast.com
Michael Calvert – firstname.lastname@example.org