Sertec Marine CMCE Marine
The Sertec CMCE Marine operates as a passive sensor system that provides permanent protection from lightning strikes by balancing and deionising the effects of atmospheric phenomena using one or more compensators. By stabilising the existing electric field in its environment, it creates a ‘shield’ that cancels the formation of the ascending tracer by draining the electric charges to the earth or surrounding water in harmless milliamperes. This eliminates the formation of lightning within the protected area.
Each capacitor has one of its electrodes referenced to the ground system which is charged with the same polarity as it. The free electrode induces atmospheric charges of opposite polarity to the ground system, balancing internally between its electrodes. This generates a flow of charges to the ground system, which are absorbed from the atmosphere, not allowing the formation of lightning.
- Lightning prevention, not protection
- Avoid 300 million volts / 30,000 amp at 30,000 degrees Celsius from travelling through the vessel
- Passive technology
- Needs no electrical power to work
- Technology approved by the Tesla institute
- No recorded lightning strike in any Sertec protected zone since technology launched 20 years ago
- Stainless steel upgrade available
- Vibration and shock resistant
- Does not interfere with radar or sensitive survey equipment
- Storm 7 Monitor offers reassurance that the unit is fully operational
- Can be retrofitted without disconnecting the cable
- Insurance approved
- Yearly performance report available (often required by insurance company)
- Avoid high risk area excesses
- Easily retrofitted to any vessel / marine buoy / lighthouse etc.
Find out more
To find out more about Sertec Marine products, come and see the TMS Sertec presentation at the Southampton Boat Show on Friday 16 September at midday on the Foredeck Stage.
TMS will also have the full range on display on stand J214. Please contact email@example.com with any enquiries.
Project manager (marine civils/construction engineer)
A confident, friendly, suitably experienced project engineer is needed join a growing team. You must have a minimum of 3-5 years post graduate, practical site experience in construction, ideally from a civil engineering background.Full job description »